FAQs - Opening an Account | Rabobank AU
skip to content1
Rabobank warns of an increased risk of scam and fraudulent activity including fictitious emails regarding fake Rabobank Term Deposits. Protect yourself online https://www.rabobank.com.au/security.

FAQs - Opening an Account

When will I receive my Digipass and welcome pack?


Your Digipass, along with instructions on how to use it, are included in your welcome pack which will be mailed out the next business day after your account is open.

It may take up to 5 business days for your welcome pack to land in your mailbox.

You can receive your Digipass PIN either via SMS or Email by activating your Digipass here.

Where can I download the Rabobank Online Savings Mobile App?


Rabobank's Online Savings Mobile Banking app for Australia is available on the Apple App store for Apple devices and Google play store for Android devices. Simply search for the latest version by typing in "Rabobank Online Savings Mobile Banking AU" and follow the download prompts.

You can also watch this short, helpful video on how to download and set up the Rabobank Online Savings Mobile App:

Are Rabobank Online Savings accounts available to all types of customers?


Rabobank Online Savings products are designed and intended for use by the majority of retail customers. Unfortunately our systems and processes are not designed to enable us to offer deposit accounts to certain types of customers who may require a higher level of processing or monitoring due to regulatory requirements. Examples of customers we are unable to offer savings accounts to include (but is not limited to) businesses, trust accounts, wholesale depositors, professional investment entities and charities.

Do I need to open a High Interest Savings Account to become a Rabobank Online Savings customer?


Yes, this savings account comes with all of our accounts to enable you to transfer funds, it acts as your master account. It doesn’t have any fees and there is no minimum balance requirements.

How do I get a certified copy?


Just make a copy of the original document, and then take the original and the copy along with your original Drivers License, original Birth Certificate or original Passport to one of the following authorised parties in Australia:

  • A person who is enrolled on the roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory, or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner (however described);
  • A judge of a court;
  • A magistrate;
  • A chief executive officer of a Commonwealth court;
  • A registrar or deputy registrar of a court;
  • A Justice of the Peace;
  • A notary public (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993);
  • A Police Officer;
  • An agent of the Australian Postal Corporation who is in charge of an office supplying postal services to the public;
  • A permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with 2 or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public;
  • An Australian consular officer or an Australian diplomatic officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955);
  • An officer with, or authorised representative of, a holder of an Australian financial services licence, having 2 or more continuous years of service with one or more licensees;
  • A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia or the National Institute of Accountants with 2 or more years of continuous membership;
  • A Commissioner for Declarations;
  • A Commissioner for Affidavits

Please note: We require document certification to be done by an authorised third-party. Even if you are an authorised certifier yourself, we will still require a third party to certify your documents for you. Document certifiers must not be related to the applicant (e.g. their parent, child, brother, sister, aunt, uncle or cousin, spouse or partner of the customer) or the application (e.g. Director of the business, employee, trustee). The document certifier also cannot be a person who lives at the same address as the customer.

To certify the copy of the document, they will need to:

  • Provide a written statement 'I hereby certify this document is a true copy of the original document shown to me on [date]'.
  • Write their name, Authorisation title (e.g. Justice of the Peace) and sign the photocopy of the document.

All documents need to be certified in the last 6 months and we require one certification statement per document (unless it is explicitly clear that the certification statement applies to more than one document).

How do I know when my account has been opened?


We’ll send you a text message and an email to let you know your account has been successfully opened. We’ll also send you a welcome pack in the post which includes your Digipass device and can take 5 – 7 days to arrive by post.

Why are you asking me if I am a tax resident of another country?


As of the 1st of July 2017, all Australian banks are required to collect information about foreign tax residents (under the Common Reporting Standard – CRS, & Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act - FATCA). As a result, all customers are required to let us know if they are a tax resident of any country other than Australia. If you are a foreign tax resident, you may need to supply your TIN (tax identification number). For those who are only Australian tax residents it is not compulsory to quote your Tax File Number, however if you do not provide your Tax File Number, Rabobank is legally obliged to deduct withholding tax (currently 49%) on behalf of the ATO from any interest earned.

For more information download our leaflet.